It took me awhile to realize something rather silly about most of these sites. People care more about the politics and personal interactions than the subjects of the post. I am certain of this.
Too bad. While personalities matter, the real interest should be in discussion and interactions about ideas. Not who's who and who did what, etc. The funny thing about the obsession with the who's who nonsense it that nobody most often is anyone. They are all just half people.
To much energy for too little result.
I'm interested that some people give their email like I do. I saw no point not to give it. The contacts made this way have been the most interesting. Who people really are.
So long for now, partners. See when it's a bit colder. Jock

Have fun Jock. I've been feeling the itch to get up into some high country west of the Vegas Valley. Some pretty good pictures of it here. Presently I've got a bit of a problem with one of my lower spines though, keeping me from hiking about on my own. If it went south on me, I might not make it back. Never had a back problem before about 3 months ago, and it's been getting better, but real slowly, with a few severe downs along the way. Spent most of last weekend on my back in bed, with intermittent spasmodic pain from my left hip down the inside of my left leg to the top of the knee. It's better now, and I can sleep ok, but getting up from bed is real painful for about fifteen minutes until I get it stretched out.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping it gets well enough in time to get up to those mountains for some snow fed creek water that's filtered through 1000' sandstone cliffs. It's real tasty. No fish, but a tiny species of frog indigenous only to that small mountain range area, which lays two kinds of eggs, one that can withstand 7 years of drought and still be viable when the rain comes. There also a species of fern only indigenous to three canyons up there that grow horizontally out of vertical sandstone cliffs in narrow creek canyons.
Hey Intel. You're a good pal to keep stopping by. Give a holler at jockmaccrea@gmail.com today. A bit more of Jock I'd like to tell you about.
ReplyDelete